Friday, June 1, 2012

Urocze miasto

Hola amigos!
Estoy en Sevilla! It took me two weeks to get here- I had a rather lengthy layover in Poland- but I finally made it. Staff met us at the airport. I kind of wonder where they got the idea to bring a Uhaul type truck for all of our luggage. It was kind of funny. Last night, we stayed at a hotel and had a brief orientation. The rooftop view encompassed most of the city.
This morning we were separated into groups and a professor showed us some of the sights along the (roundabout) way to the school.
The best word that fits this city is "urocze." It is a Polish word meaning something along the lines of lovely. For some reason, that word seemed more suitable than any english word I tried on for size. The buildings are beautiful. I can't wait to explore the different barrios individually and take some photos.
The center itself is gorgeous. The walls have patterned tiles. I'll just have to post some pictures. My brain is a little tired right now.
Back at the hotel, everyone was put in taxis and sent on their merry way to their host families. Except us, Ariel and I. We just had to cross the street. Our host family is wonderful. There are three kids- a girl and twin boys. They are so energetic and talk really fast. I'll learn a lot talking to them because they will correct you. My speaking needs a lot of work, but I can understand quite a bit of what is said (a little slower than the normal 100mph) to me. There are two little dogs as well! One's a puppy. Our room is on the 3rd (Spanish) floor/ 4th English floor. There is a rooftop terrace with a nice view and refreshing breeze. The heat in Sevilla is bearable now. 30 C. It cools off at night.
I think that's about all that my brain can relate right now. It's been a very long day...

BlackBerry de movistar, allí donde estés está tu oficin@

No comments:

Post a Comment