Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Get lost...

...in Sevilla. I'm a little tired of relating my outings to you. Instead, I think I'll just think, or type.
You know that moment when you realize life is really, really good. I had that moment yesterday and today. After a guided walk through Barrio de Santa Cruz, a group of us went to get some ice cream. The strawberry ice cream is just how strawberry ice cream should be. I won't describe it. Come to Sevilla and find out. I decided to take a little walk with my strawberry and, of course, chocolate goodness. Going directly home to finish reading "La Casa de Bernarda Alba" seemed like such a waste of good ice cream. Instead, I began wandering through the streets of Sevilla. I don't know exactly where I was, but I made it home with pulling out a map. I live a little off the most popular tourist streets and neighborhoods. The streets I found were quiet, some were narrow, and rather empty, except for the residents of the buildings and a few businesses. I passed a really nice eatery and a small barbershop. The barber was laughing and joking with his client. I passed moms with their kids and a lady walking her dog. It was so calm, in the middle of the city. In Sevilla, you don't feel the rush and stress of a city. Maybe it's Sevilla; maybe it's Spain. I don't know.
Though I'm not really a night owl, I love the variety of the nightlife. Or even just the fact that there is a nightlife! Seeing people out on the streets at midnight and thinking nothing of it. Feel like a quiet evening? You've got the riverbank. Feel like going out to have some tapas? Check any street, there's bound to be a tapas bar somewhere nearby. Feel like talking over some coffee? Plenty of bars. (Note: a bar here is the equivalent of a cafe back home) Feel like going out and dancing? There's clubs and discotecas for that too. Just pick your style- from popular music to salsa. I love that people go out and have places to go out to.
This morning I walked to school listening to my ipod. I'm not sure why it felt different, but it did. I just got this feeling that I could probably live in Sevilla. I'm quite comfortable here. I generally don't care too much for cities, but Sevilla is unique, special. I love the architecture, the river, the parks. There are so many trees lining the streets. Especially, the orange trees and the trees with lavender flowers. I'm becoming accustomed to the heat and the odd schedule.  Now all I need to do is find myself is a nice Spanish boy. ;P
Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment