Wednesday, May 30, 2012

European Mexico

I have arrived! Tonight- Barcelona! I wish I had more time to explore the city. This time I only get to see the airport and a hotel. Oh well...
Wizz Air has got to have the coolest airplane art and uniforms. The outside of the "airbus" is pink, purple, and white. The uniform shirts are basically hot pink with purple collars and buttons. Yes, they are awesome. Wizz limits your checked bag to 32kg. I can work with that. My suitcase (ooo maybe I should name it! Ideas?) weighed in at 17.9kg. Here's the problem: for my flight tomorrow, my suitcase needs to lose 2 kg. Why? Because when purchasing your ticket, you don't get a bag allowance. That's separate. You also have two options, at different prices, for checked bags: 15 kg or 20 kg. Guess which one I have? Yup. (I didn't buy the ticket.) So my carry on, which already weighs a million pounds, is going to have to gain a few. Otherwise- Excess weight fees, it will not be a pleasure to meet you. I was not informed of this at home, and the trans-Atlantic allowance is about 50lbs, so I packed accordingly. I'm a girl- of course, I'm going to make full use of my bag allowance! :)
The airport in Barcelona is nice. During landing, you can see the water on one side and the city on the other. I called the hotel to request the shuttle service. Thank goodness they spoke English! Me plus stress does not equal Spanish. And I was not about the completely mess up a conversation of such importance. While waiting, I was treated to a blinding sun, setting behind some mountains in the distance. It reminded me of Cuernavaca, Mexico. The hotel is nicely decorated.

Btw, if you want my skype name or my phone number for Spain, shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you and will get back to you asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment