Saturday, May 26, 2012

Life in a hammock

The last few days have been wonderfully lazy. We spent this afternoon at my grandparents' cabin, which we call "Salno" and where my brother and I spent a large portion of our summers as little kids. There is a hammock there. Life in the hammock is very pleasant. Green all around. Birds singing, it's so peaceful. Daddy, you should look into getting one for our backyard. (We have have a perfectly good tree.) I would probably take up residence in it... at least for some time.

The sunset view from my grandparents' balcony is so beautiful. The noise from the busy street below, not so much, but the sun, yes. Though the sixth floor apartment is tiny, stepping out on the balcony gives you the feeling of much more space (than if your view consisted of another building). There are few skyscrapers in this city and many trees. Treetops dominate the view. But the real stunner is the sun. Some evenings the colors are so rich in red and orange. I'll try to remember to take a picture of that for you.

I hope to provide you with some more interesting news when I arrive in Spain as these two weeks have been reserved for family and leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment