Thursday, July 19, 2012

"Hey! Ho! Let's go!"

Welcome to the post that covers all those random little things I haven't written about. Apologies for the disorganization and total randomness. There is no common theme. Here it goes!

For all my pre-med Youtube addicts:

Try looking up "Bilirubina" on youtube. It's a funny song that uses tons of medical vocabulary. Who said learning medical Spanish had to be boring?

Vamos a la playa!


A few Sundays ago, our friend invited my roommate and I to join in on a surprise birthday party at the beach. (This group had grown up together on the same block.) Punta Umbria was about one hour away, but we took a detour. =P The countryside reminded me a little of Poland. The day was quite lovely. We met tons of new people and tried to communicate in our broken Spanish and their English. The beach was beautiful. The sand was so fine it was soft. The sea had a very clean (once you got past a small patch of seaweed), sandy bottom. The water was actually rather warm. The only drawback was the wind. I guess it wasn't too bad because you didn't feel the sun burning you. But that was the problem. I feel asleep for about a half hour and did not feel the heat of the sun beating down on me. Result: burned back. Not too burned though, just a little pink. There were people, but it wasn't too crowded. This beach is rather off the tourist radar and so has managed to retain its charm. I probably looked like a little kid running across the sand and straight into the water. But it was fun, and I enjoyed it immensely. On Monday, I found out my professor had also been at that same beach. The sun had worn me out so much. The Spanish really have something with this idea of siesta...

 Las Setas

or The Mushrooms. We took a school field trip to this modern structure. I really don't even know how to explain it. Either search it or I'll get around to a photo. You can go up to the top for a view of the city. The middle level has restaurants and a market. Underground, you have some ancient ruins spanning various centuries. While history is cool and interesting, ancient ruins are just not my thing. Once I see a few, I'm set. I guess I prefer a bit more modern history.
Oh and underneath the big mushroom top, there is a plaza where they set up the TV screens for the Eurocup!


Rayas
The best ice-cream in Sevilla! And on my way to school. This place has the most ice-cream I have ever seen. As well as some of the best! I end up getting chocolate with orange and strawberry. I know, I should try new things, but those two were soo good. I went to both locations: on Reyes Catolicos near Zaragoza and near the Setas on a plaza I can't remember. If you haven't noticed, I'm terrible at remembering street names. I do have a mental map and can find my way to and from different places, but don't ask me to give you street names.

No comments:

Post a Comment