Thursday, July 12, 2012

Conversaciones sobre Bob Esponja

Oh, the very health related conversations we have in my "Spanish for Health Professionals" class! haha I have no idea how we ended up discussing Spongebob Squarepants, but it happened. However, parents, do not fear. I am learning a great deal about healthcare in Spain as well as muchisimo vocabulario. Yesterday, my class took a field trip to a Red Cross hospital- Hospital Victoria Eugenia. It´s a private hospital (as opposed to public), but has a contract with the public system. In class, we´re working through the various medical fields. In addition to medical Spanish, there´s a pretty decent grammar review, which has been completely frying our brains.

Last weekend, my roommate and I went out for churros in the evening. We met up with one of her friends from school. He managed to strike up a conversation with a Mexican girl at the churros stand. She's here for the summer as part of her university´s program in a field I can´t remember. So that was kinda cool- hanging out with a Mexican girl we met at a churros stand in Sevilla.

Yesterday, my roommate´s computer arrived in the mail. Normally, this wouldn´t be a big deal. But she has a great music collection (I´m so tired of my ipod). This means dance party in our room, which is upstairs so it doesn´t bother the family. It came just in time to blow off some steam and release some stress. It´s been a long, yet wonderful, trip.

Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment