Saturday, July 21, 2012

Big Girls Don't Cry

But this is no big girl. This girl could barely keep from bursting into a fountain of tears at the cafe, waiting for her bus to Madrid. Actually, some of them managed to escape her control. I never thought it would be so incredibly hard to leave Sevilla. Of course, I knew I would be very sad to leave, but it hit so hard and so fast. Literally, the moment I walked out the door. The people on the bus probably thought I was crazy or something. That's what six weeks of living in Sevilla can do to you. I can't believe they are over. This summer has been such a growing experience- cliche, I know. Those of you who know me pretty well realize that going to and living in a foreign country by myself is not exactly in my comfort zone. And add Spanish to that! But thanks to Sevilla, I decided to keep going with Spanish. The culture, history, literature, and language fascinate me. I learned so much from all the people that I have met here. Not just about the language, culture, and history of Spain, but also about life. I was given the opportunity to experience Sevilla as a local, rather than just a tourist. For that, I will be forever thankful.
I made a promise- to return (asap!). Hopefully, I will be able to fulfill it.
A mi familia sevillana- las palabras de Taylor Swift, "I was enchanted to meet you."
------
I will get around to posting about the last two weeks soon. Just had to get this one done first.
They will be ordered chronologically so you may need to look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment